- The above diagram gives a rough overview of our track system. The main station is Morphett V
ale; all other named stations are merely location names - no physical station exists. The total track system is approximately 2kms.
- Station facilities such as a Traverser, Turntable, Workshops, Platforms and two-storey Signal Cabin are at Morphett Vale, along with an extensive station yard with 12 shed roads and numerous auxiliary roads.
- The Algebuckina Bridge is a highlight of the system, being over 40 metres in length and over 4 metres high at its highest point above Christies Creek. A smaller road bridge is located at the 800m mark. No tunnels exist on the railway.
- The system uses track circuited electric colour-light speed signalling with all signals being automatic; except those at Morphett Vale station where signals and switches are controlled from the Signal Cabin (Train Control). Solar powered signals and remote controlled switches are used in various locations.
- MVRail presently has over 40 items of rollingstock, including four diesel locomotives. Steam locomotives operated at the railway are privately owned by members.